Destiny Church History

 Destiny Church shares a long rich history in the Fort Lupton community. Records show a group of people gathering for worship back to 1942 when a house was donated to the small church group made up seemingly of many women. These ladies/members tore the home down and used the lumber to create a church building at 513 Park Ave in Fort Lupton. Leona Bashore was the founding pastor and she worked diligently with this congregation to help create a place of worship. In these days the church was known as Full Gospel Tabernacle.
In 1948 Leona moved to Denver and the church was closed until Rev. William Hanawalt came in 1955 to reopen the facility and re-establish the church. In those days there were four families that joined together and attendance grew. The church was now going by Park Avenue Gospel Church and under his leadership they became affiliated as an Assembly of God May 3, 1956. In those days, Sunday morning attendance was 47. Mrs. Wilma Romine was the Sunday School Superintendent, and Mr. Earl Hodges was the church Secretary.
Rev Hanawalt left in 1961 and the church secured Rev David Holden as pastor in 1962. He remained as pastor until 1971 and during his tenure a parsonage was built, and the living quarters that were in the church were converted into Sunday School rooms. The church also became Incorporated with the state of Colorado as Park Avenue Assembly of God.
The next pastor to take leadership was Rev T.R. Heaston. Under his leadership the church grew and the Sunday School spaces became very cramped. The church leadership realized the need to begin looking for a new site to build a new church on that could accommodate the growth.
In 1974 Rev Leon Brodrick became the pastor of the church and with his efforts and that of the Deacon Board two acres were purchased and the present site of the church on Fulton Ave was acquired for future building.
In July of 1977 Rev Gene Braswell became the pastor and under his leadership the building construction began and on April 16, 1978 the first service was held at 307 S Fulton Avenue. Although the state records indicate the change to First Assembly of God Fort Lupton did not occur until 1998, the church began utilizing the new name at their start in this new location.
In May of 1978 Pastor Braswell left and Rev Henry Russell took over as pastor of the new First Assembly Fort Lupton in October. The church went on to be pastored by:
Rev Fields came in who changed the name to Living Waters Assembly of God
Rev Gerald Garcia served from 1993 until 1998.
Rev. Scott and Debbie Krebbenhoft came around 1998 and were here until 2006.
Rev. Dale and Donna Stout started in 2006 and changed the name of the church to Destiny Church in 2011. Pastor Dale also assisted the church in extensive renovations and revisioning. The Stouts left in June 2015.
In August of 2015, Rev. Rob Rocca and his wife Kimberly and daughter Victoria came to Pastor the church and immediately began bringing technological updates and implementing new methodologies including becoming a church the unchurched love to attend. They have sought to remodel the facility and make Destiny Church a DESTINATION where you can find Direction for Life.